Port-i386 archive

Re: i386 minimum space requirements

Some rough amounts:

base, comp, etc, games, kern-GENERIC, man, misc, modules, rescue, text: 629 megs
With tests: 678 megs
With xbase, xcomp, xetc, xfont, xserver: 929 megs
With debug and xdebug: 2832 megs

I don't think 250 megs of disk space is going to cut it any longer :)

Definitely a good idea to update!

So ~1G with X, and ~700M without. Would you be able to run a quick
test with just base, kern-GENERIC & etc to get an absolute minimum?
(More likely to be of interest to 32bit x86 retro dabblers :)

Certainly. It's 186 megs (as reported with du -sm).

This reminds me that I want to see if I can figure out why NetBSD's bootblocks won't work on a TI 486DLC. Luckily, I have more than a gigabyte of disk for it.

Thanks!
John