Port-i386 archive

Re: Help needed to port NetBSD to an alien i386 machine

I know netbsd doesn't support 386, that's the reason why I upgraded it to a 486DLC [1] (after I patched its BIOS as it refused to work with 486).
Now the computer has a 486 which works just fine.

Regarding the bootloader, even though I managed to build it I dropped the idea because I like to have dual boot,  therefore I'm going to choose GRUB or U-Boot for this job.
I need some links where I can find documentation about porting NetBSD to another platform.

Cheers,
BogDan.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrix_Cx486DLC

În lun., 11 sept. 2023 la 18:22, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> a scris:
On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 12:06:51PM +0300, BogDan Vatra wrote:
> I'd like to port NetBSD-8 to an altos unix machine[0]. Altos has unix
> installed and I chose netbsd-8 because I want to be able to run also unix
> apps and 8 was the last version that supported ibcs2.

That talks about 80386 processors. We don't support 80386 and I'm fairly
sure that no one is insane enough to bring that back. There are just too
many stupid bugs to make that worthwhile.

Joerg