Port-i386 archive

ipkdb

Hi,
is there any interest in maintaining ipkdb on i386? It is poorly implemented:
 * Until I removed vm86, ipkdb couldn't interact well with userland 8086
   applications.
 * It does not support SMP.
 * What ipkdbsetup and friends do is basically crazy (patching the IDT etc).

I'm trying to simplify the entry/exit points in the kernel, and the presence of
ipkdb does not help. I would like to remove it from i386. Note also that there
is no support for it on amd64.

Maxime