Port-i386 archive

Re: Migrating server from i386 to amd64 - Possibly NetBSD_6x --> 7x?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:28:36AM -0000, yancm%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> I guess first question, will the 64 bit xeon just boot off the
> i386 raid disks? I'm suspecting it might? If so, then need advice on
> upgrading to amd64 from there...possibly just move to
> amd64 NetBSD 6_latest via binaries and try to get stable system,
> then upgrade to 7 when I'm ready?

Yes, you should be able to just boot a i386 installation with a 64bit
CPU, they still support 32bit operation after all. Upgrading is a bit
more tricky since i386 and amd64 have different device numbers, i.e. you
will have to move MAKEDEV* out of /dev and rebuild all device nodes.

Joerg