Port-i386 archive

Re: Install i386 or amd64?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 09:44:20PM -0500, jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost wrote:

> I implied nothing of the sort. I asked a question (read my original post):
>
> >Not to advocate i386 over amd64, but doesn't NetBSD/i386 support PAE and
> >thus can access >2GB of RAM?

Roght. Which is, in itself, rather vague.  I was trying to clarify that.

> I was hoping that someone would provide helpful information about PAE
> support in i386. What I got was cryptic and would have required that I
> spend a fair amount of time reading about PAE to actually understand it.

Or you could have asked for a better explanation.  What I wrote was a
genuine attempt by me to provide some further information about the
limitations of PAE.

> Usually people here are helpful. You were dismissive and rude.

That was not intentional.

> I apologize
> for responding in kind, but this was the first time I was ever unhappy
> that I posted to a NetBSD mailing list.

Right, now here is a trick - unless someone is outright abusing you,
just assume that they are trying to help and if you find something too
cryptic then just ask for clarification.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com