Port-i386 archive

Re: Running Old a.out x86 Binaries on NetBSD

Christos Zoulas <christos <at> astron.com> writes:

> I fixed a whole bunch of bugs on HEAD, and I've tested 1.0 i386 binaries
> on amd64. Most of them work now. If you either run head or pull up my
> changes on netbsd-6 things will work again. There is one more change
> that I might need on i386 a.out (open NULL != open ".") and that
> makes binaries that use multiple dynamic libraries to fail. Perhaps
> you'll also run into the mmap issue which again I fixed only in compat32.
> Let me know and I can supply patches for those too.

Hi Christos,

Thank you!  I updated by extracting the most recent daily build from HEAD
(201401260150Z) and made sure the files contained your recent oommits.  The
same ls and pwd 0.9 binaries error out with an abort trap message now.  I
tested using the GENERIC kernel from HEAD and recompiling the same from
source to be certain.  Please advise if there's something else I should try.

Best regards,

Dan