Port-i386 archive

Re: use of MI "pcu" code for x86 FPU, allocate FPU context dynamically

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:54:26 +0200
Jean-Yves Migeon <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
> is it safe to have a sleepable allocation right into
> fputrap(), especially in case of memory pressure?

I think so. The trap is synchronous, and in process context, so it
shouldn't be different than eg. memory allocation in a syscall.

As said, this was just an experiment for now. It probably makes sense to
use a pool_cache here. This would deal with alignment, and would allow
to free memory earlier, in an xcall/softint context.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Das Forschungszentrum oeffnet seine Tueren am Sonntag, 29. September, von 10:00
bis 17:00 Uhr: http://www.tagderneugier.de