Port-i386 archive

Re: 6.0.1 upgrade dhcp problem

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 12:02:12PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:

> However, some drivers incorrectly reset PHY on a MTU change which
> triggers the link down/up and kind of gets into a little loop.

Some drivers _have to_ reset the PHY on an MTU change.  Admittedly,
a lot less than used to be the case, but on some hardware, it is still
unavoidable.

If the MTU is being "changed" to the default, can't dhcpcd leave it
alone?  Or is that already the case, and on this network, can we thus
assume the MTU is not 1500?

Thor