Port-i386 archive

Re: source location of x86_cpu_topology()

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 04:46:35PM +0000, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> David Laight <david%l8s.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> > A few years and and for some reason I really don't understand
> > the function x86_cpu_topology() was moved out of x86/x86/identcpu.c
> > into its own file.
> >
> > This really doean't make sense as the equivalent code for
> > all the older processors (cpu_probe_xxx() functions is
> > in identcpu.c
> >
> > Was there any real justification for this?
> > It isn't as though the files are large.
>
> I prefer to have that logic in a separate module.

The problem is that it is a small part on an operation, probably
separated out of the main function because that was getting unwieldy.
At the moment half the code is in one file, and the test in another,
it just doesn't make sense.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost