Port-i386 archive

Re: 6.0_BETA boot doesn't complete

>> cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615, , FYS2> cdrom removable
>                   ~~~~~~~

> I don't see any wd drives appearing here, assuming you have a
> harddisk, this is probably part of the problem (and may also explain
> the drive 1 for cd0).

Isn't "drive 1" adequately explained by just assuming the cd drive is
jumpered as slave?  It's been decades since machines actually required
a master device in order for a slave device to work.

However, I agree that the total lack of any disks coupled with the
inability to find cd0b does seem to indicate something's broken,
probably somewhere around the piixide (because that way only one
failure is necessary to explain both oddities).

\ / Ribbon Campaign