Port-i386 archive

Re: soekris net5501 and netbsd-5 /boot

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 07:35:54PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I have a net5501, which was running netbsd-5 from april or so fine,
> except for the 2-minute boot delay problem.  I updated /netbsd and
> userland in plafe, and in addition updated /boot and bootxx_ffsv1.  The
> system will now get to the point where I can tell it to boot /netbsd or
> /netbsd.ok (my old kernel), and for either will print the sizes line and
> then nothing.  So bootxx_ffsv1 loads /boot, and /boot seems to load the
> kernel but immediately have trouble.

What are the console settings?
It might be that you've lost the serial console, everything up to the
point you've mentioned is likely to be using bios calls - which work.

The serial console parameters are in a patchable header in the bootcode
(the copy in bootxx_ffsv1 wiill be the one that is used).

The system might even be coming up far enough to let you login remotely!

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost