Port-i386 archive

soekris net5501 and netbsd-5 /boot

I have a net5501, which was running netbsd-5 from april or so fine,
except for the 2-minute boot delay problem.  I updated /netbsd and
userland in plafe, and in addition updated /boot and bootxx_ffsv1.  The
system will now get to the point where I can tell it to boot /netbsd or
/netbsd.ok (my old kernel), and for either will print the sizes line and
then nothing.  So bootxx_ffsv1 loads /boot, and /boot seems to load the
kernel but immediately have trouble.

My next step is to boot it diskless and see what's going on.  It seems
like the new /boot or bootxx_ffsv1 is somehow broken, which seems rather
unlikely.   I'll report back, but any clues are welcome.