Port-i386 archive

Re: Any users of EST_FREQ_USERWRITE and INTEL_ONDEMAND_CLOCKMOD?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
The rationale is that I am moving things to the newly added "cpufeaturebus",
so that options(4) are not used directly. This provides modularity and will
allow safe fallback to ENHANCED_SPEEDSTEP and POWERNOW_K8 if problems are
detected with acpicpu(4). But I wouldn't want to unnecessarily add entries to
cpu_info because of something with dubious value -- and no users?

Fallback to ODCM if neither acpicpu nor est are available, but don't remove it. Why would you have to add things to cpu_info? If you think you have to add extra things to cpuinfo you need to step back and rethink what you're doing.