Port-i386 archive

Re: envstat wrong: who's at fault?

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, der Mouse wrote:

In passing, would it be appropriate and/or useful to suggest
improvements to that API?  When I was writing code, I found the
envsys(4) ioctls to be deficient for my purposes.  (Not cripplingly so,
but annoyingly so.)  Would it be useful to outline what I as an
application author would like to see, and, if so, should I do it here,
or in a change-request PR, or what?

I'd be interested in knowing in which ways you found the current API lacking. I won't make any promises to improve or enhance, but if it makes sense, and can be done without breaking any backwards compat, it can be considered.