Port-i386 archive

Re: 5.0.1 boot messages: a few questions

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 05:09:07AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
Yes.  As far as I know, with ACPI FAN you can either turn the fan on, or
turn it off.  Nothing in between.  Not very useful.

Agreed. Perhaps it should go to the list of ignored HIDs.

IMHO, we should either ignore it, or provide an option to control it.

"Control" could be done through sysmon_envsys(8) but I suspect a single, simple sysctl(8) variable might be more appropriate.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |