Port-i386 archive

Re: Netbook support - status update?

2010/1/4 Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson%gmail.com@localhost>:
> On Monday 04 Jan 2010 20:49:30 Michal Suchanek wrote:
>> For 7" device I find something with touchscreen (and an USB port
>> Âfor cases when you *really* need a keyboard or other peripherial)
>> Âmore appropriate. The opensource support for writing on
>> Âtouchscreens sucks, though.
>
> Yeh... looking at the OLPC project I think that is about to change...
>
> http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/xo-3-concept-a-crazy-thin-
> tablet-olpc-for-just-75/

Well, let's hope they come up with something usable this time. You can
get the required hardware for $ thousands today so they have 2-3 years
to write decent software for it and optimize production.

The software seems more of a problem, though. Both the current tools
you get on opensource handhelds and the environment which OLPC project
produced in the past.

Thanks

Michal