Port-i386 archive

Re: Sysinst "bypass fdisk" option?

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 05:53:34AM -0000, Andrew Ball wrote:
>     I am a NetBSD/i386 user who generally installs on
> machines that will only ever be running NetBSD. I would much
> prefer being able to skip fdisk and simply write a BSD disk-
> label.

The problem is that without fdisk you have no MBR, and the BIOS will not load
the first part of the NetBSD bootloader.

Some systems are supposed to be able to boot from a GPT partition table
and I would love to add sysinst support for that directly, however I've
been unable to get my hands on such a system so far.

Martin