Port-i386 archive

Sysinst "bypass fdisk" option?

Hello,

    This may have already been considered and rejected, but
I have to ask the question.

    I am a NetBSD/i386 user who generally installs on
machines that will only ever be running NetBSD. I would much
prefer being able to skip fdisk and simply write a BSD disk-
label.  This would save me having to deal with fdisk quirks
such as it having a different idea of the disk's geometry
and it misreporting the end sector of each partition.  I
fully understand that fdisk should be the default on i386
because many people will want to dual boot with operating
systems that depend on it, but I really wish it weren't
mandatory.

- Andy Ball.