It's been a while, but I just tried a -current kernel again, which I got
there:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200808020002Z/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz

On 2008-05-19, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:10:12PM +0000, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> I wrote a while ago about an issue with the CUR-DLS motherboard from
>> ASUS:
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2008/02/14/msg000199.html
>
> Does the same behavior happen in NetBSD current as well?
> Jared and I have been discussing to ignore AML breakpoints by default,
> this is not the only reported case of them leaking into normal code
> pathes.

I get inside the breakpoint again. If I force it to continue, the kernel
hangs with:
cpu1: failed to start

I could then drop into ddb. If you know anything I could do that would
be useful to diagnose this better, I'd be glad to hear it. Even though
this machine is in production it's not used 100% of the time. It's just
awfully slow to boot it :(

BTW, I tried to flash the BIOS with the official AWARD image from Asus
instead of the latest Phoenix one available from HP, but the Asus flash
utility refused to burn it. I have a spare BIOS chip, so I can risk
something if anyone can give me a hint regarding this. I'll post the
procedure if I manage to find the time and successfully apply it.

Cheers,
--
khorben