Port-i386 archive

Re: ACPI quirk for ASUS CUR-DLS

                        Hello,

Sorry for the late reply; see inline.

On 2008-05-21, Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:10:12PM +0000, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> I wrote a while ago about an issue with the CUR-DLS motherboard from
>> ASUS:
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2008/02/14/msg000199.html
>
> What is the release date for the BIOS you are using? You can get it from the
> messages during boot I guess, or from the dmidecode package.

# dmidecode 2.9
SMBIOS 2.3 present.
56 structures occupying 1583 bytes.
Table at 0x000EFA10.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 20 bytes
BIOS Information
        Vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
        Version: 4.06.18 PQ
        Release Date: 03/06/2002
        Address: 0xEAE30
        Runtime Size: 86480 bytes
        ROM Size: 512 kB

I believe this is the latest BIOS revision ever provided by HP for this
motherboard (NetServer E800).

I tried to flash the BIOS with the original image from Asus
(AWARD-based) but it didn't work. I'm not sure whether the ASUS utility
needs to lookup a particular BIOS service for this. Or maybe the ROM is
too small? I have a spare one, which would allow me to play a bit with
this, but I have nothing to flash it outside the mainboard.

I haven't tried flashrom yet, but I doubt the ServerWorks chipsets are
implemented: http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom

Other ideas?

HTH,
--