Port-i386 archive

Re: Hitachi 500G drive issue (NetBSD 4)

        Hello.  IN the 4.0-stable tree, and beyond, the wd code is supposed
to assume the lba48 quirk exists if it gets an ID not found error when
crossing the 130GB boundary.  My guess is that your drives return a
different error, which is why the wd driver isn't just doing the right
thing.  If we assume the huristic technique of detecting drives with this
bug is more general, then the correct fix would be to note the actual error
your drives return, and then testfor that error as well as the ID not found
error when crossing the 130GB boundary.  Once done, you wouldn't need to
explicitly match the make and model of the Hitachi drives which exhibit
this behavior.
-Brian