Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD on the Asus EeePC: Status page

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
I've committed a webpage describing NetBSD's support of the Asus EeePC:

        http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/i386/eee.html

Is this accurate for the 701 version and/or 900 ?

701. The 900 is pretty new :-)

What's the global feedback from people using it ?
What is it good for, what not ?

Good for portability, bad for typing...

From what I read (about the 701) on the web, I feel like 800x600 is far to
small nowadays. Of course, 800x600 is far enough for console based
software, but what about running KDE or *Office on that ?

You mean 800x480 - that's even smaller...

If the aim is to get a portable DVD/Multimedia box running NetBSD, what
are the performance (using NetBSD) when running things like (full-screen)
freevo/xine/mplayer/.. playing DVD-quality or Xvid encoded videos.

I've run vlc full screen receiving a streamed movie on one.

--
Stephen