Port-i386 archive

Re: EeePC status?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Hubert Feyrer <hubert%feyrer.de@localhost>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I think it would be nice to document the status of NetBSD's suport of
>  Asus' EeePC. If anyone can send me the data, I can collect and add it to
>  our webpages. I've made a start here:
>
>         http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/eee.html
>
>  This will live besides the "NetBSD on IBM PS/2" page eventually.

Great idea, although we should probably host it on www.NetBSD.org.
Comments below.

mjf@ has patches: http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mjf/ath_eee.diff

>    * Webcam: ?
UVC, not yet supported.

>    * Power Management: ?
Suspend to RAM works with Xorg + xf86-video-intel-2.2.1, internal
display not restored on resume otherwise. The problem is understood,
but "works with Xorg" is good enough for me :)

>    * Display: ?
Intel 915, works with XFree86 and Xorg (both i810 and intel drivers)

>    * Hardware-3D: ?
Should work, but not tested.

>    * Audio (play): ?
Intel HD audio (azalia). Realtek ALC662-GR 5.1 audio codec support
added to HEAD last night.

>    * Audio (record): ?
Not yet.

>    * USB support: ?
Yes.

>    * SD Slot: ?
Supported with umass(4)

> IBM Asus' EeePC homepage
This is an inaccurate name for the link :)

Cheers,
Jared