Port-i386 archive

Re: EeePC status?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Stephen Borrill
<netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>>    * Power Management: ?
> Suspend to RAM works with Xorg + xf86-video-intel-2.2.1, internal
> display not restored on resume otherwise. The problem is understood,
> but "works with Xorg" is good enough for me :)

 Doesn't work on NetBSD 4. In fact, it's easier to disable ACPI entirely on
 NetBSD 4

The changes related to S3 sleep in -current are too large to backport
to 4.0, sorry.

I wasn't expecting a backport of that anyway. I'm realistic :-)

>>    * Audio (play): ?
> Intel HD audio (azalia). Realtek ALC662-GR 5.1 audio codec support
> added to HEAD last night.

 Any chance of a backport of this?

Sure, once I get some hardware to test on :-) "It's in the mail."

The backport will be trivial, as the azalia driver hasn't changed that
much since 4.0, you could try to merge my patch to azalia_codec from
last night if you want.

Okey-dokey.

--
Stephen