Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with ICH2?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 01:14:05AM +0000, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> I had an awful time trying to keep an box with a i82801BA
> (attached to a i82815) stable when used with raid(4).

This machine has a Intel 82845 host bridge (i845D chipset).

> Heavy disk activity (such as checking the mirror) would
> hang the thing.

That sounds very much like the problem I'm dealing with.

> I gave up and only use that board for occasional testing and
> development now.  This was with NetBSD 3.x.

I see. But that particular board was my server using RAIDframe for over
a year without any hangs,. But that was in a different enviroment (e.g
differetn case) and running NetBSD 2.x.

        Kind regards