Port-i386 archive

Re: modernizing npx(4)

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 12:42:35PM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> The Elan and Geode both seem to have had FPUs since their first
> models.  What other embedded-style x86s are around?

ST microelectronics STPC line all have FPUs:
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/stpc/home.htm

it appears that DMP electronics in taiwan is still making the ALi M6117D
(386SX SoC), as well as the Vortex86SX and Vortex86.  the M6117D does
not have FPU, and I am unclear from a brief reading of specs whether the
Vortex86sx is also FPU-less.  the Vortex86 and VIA-derived Vega both
have FPU.  http://www.dmp.com.tw/ .

non-intel lower-horsepower units can be purchased from
http://www.wdlsystems.com/ebox/ebox.shtml  (I have no affiliation)

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost