Subject: Re: Release goo for 1.4.2_ALPHA
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2000 08:34:15
On 05-Feb-00 Todd Whitesel wrote:
> With these disabled, it squeaks in with something like 5 blocks free.
> But there are still 27 inodes free (read: wasted) on the same volume.
>
> After I get some sleep I will look into reworking i386/floppies/bootfloppy
> as a single-volume fdset. That should buy back enough space to take care
> of everything.

Why can't we just bite the bullet and go to a dual floppy release again?
Loosing NFS is totally unacceptable to me.. I do *all* my installs via NFS.  I
use the dual floppy install on alpha all the time.. believe me.. it's not that
painful.. far less painful than loosing NFS.. think "small target drive".

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>