Re: Using hpcboot with keyboard only

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Nikos Ntarmos wrote:

If you use WinCE only to boot your NetBSD system, you can:
1. add an Autorun.inf on the msdos partition of your cf [1, 2], and
2. activate the 'boot automatically' and the 'no confirmation' options
  of hpcboot (I don't remember the exact phrasing of these options but
  iirc they were under the 'options' tab).

That way, when the system fires up (right after the flashing-colors
Jornada screen), hpcboot will be executed and the system will switch to
NetBSD without any human intervention.

\n\n

That's an excellent idea, but it wouldn't allow me to switch from wd to nfs boot, which is almost the only reason I ever do this. Otherwise, I just shutdown -r to reboot and bypass wince entirely.

Mike