Re: Jornada 680 keyboard mapping

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 00:10:56 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

It's funny because I cannot even get Alt-gr to be recognized. In the
default configuration (seems to be US) it gives me "/". In some of
the others it is "-".

What's the version of hpcboot that you are using?

I finally realized that my keyboard matches the "hungarian" setting in hpcboot. I am using the version of hpcboot from the current distribution. When I run it I get an error "no symbol and/or string table in binary (not fatal)", but Nikos' kernel boots OK for me nonetheless. "/", "|", and the other major keys work fine when I select "hungarian".

OK, I just realized that Nikos version (which contains European instead of Hungarian) also works when I select European. I had been testing by trying the "alt-gr" characters, but now I know they do not work, I see that European also gives me working special chars, and Nikos' version gives no error message. Is there a way to find out a version number in hpcboot?

Names are in /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h (sans KS_ prefix).

Use "wsconsctl map" to print current mapping.

Actually, I have not need for those "international" characters. I might try to remap alt-gr as alt, since I cannot use it anyway.

Mike