Re: Jornada 680 keyboard mapping

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 22:14:06 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

I have hpcsh working pretty well now, except for the keyboard mapping.
I have the European English keyboard, but cannot find the correct
wsconsctl encoding for it. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to
get the correct encoding?

My fault.  I didn't bother to put all the AltGr characters into the
kernel map:

/*
* XXX: Add AltGr layer for #ABB here?  OTOH, all the keys necessary
* for basic actions in DDB or shell are on the primary layer, so it
* makes sense to support AltGr via wsconsctl(8) instead, as the same
* primary layer is used e.g. in Russian models.  But it does make
* sense to define the <AltGr> key itself here, as we base this layout
* on KB_US that defines it as the right <Alt>.
*/

It's funny because I cannot even get Alt-gr to be recognized. In the default configuration (seems to be US) it gives me "/". In some of the others it is "-".

You can write your own keymap and load it via /etc/wscons.conf mapfile directive.

keycode   2 = 1 exclam exclamdown
keycode   3 = 2 at twosuperior
keycode   4 = 3 numbersign threesuperior

Thanks. Is there some documentation somewhere for what these are. Some of the characters I do not even recognize, but there should be a list somewhere of which keys generate which keycode, and what each character's name is in netbsd. No?

Mike