Re: startx : Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:21:39 -0500, Alain Robillard wrote:

> > Hmm, I think the problem is that 2.0 GENERIC doesn't have neccessary
> > options enabled.  Add these options to your kernel config:
> >
> > # compatibility to other console drivers
> > options     WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT           # emulate some ioctls
> > options     WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        # emulate some ioctls
> > options     WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
> > options     WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes
>
> I will try this during the weekend and keep the news group informed of the
> results.  Is the config file for the GENERIC kernel set up this way in
> order to be more hardware independent or should it have these options
> included for future releases ?

If has them in -current, but they were not pulled up to 2.0.

Unfortunately, very few people work on hpcsh code, so release branch
often tends to be "ignored" :(.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen