Re: startx : Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:43:52 -0500, Alain Robillard wrote:

> I have successfully installed both 1.6 and 2.0 RC4 (both binary sets) on my
> Jornada 680 equiped with a 256 MB CF card.  But on neither can I start
> Xhpc. Each time I get the now (for me) famous error message :
>
> "Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode"
>

> I tried with root and with a new user.  I chmod /dev and /tmp to 1777.  I
> tried with parameter -- -dev /dev/ttyE0  and  other stuff I can't remember
> but nothing helped.  NetBSD from the console works flawlessly.

Hmm, I think the problem is that 2.0 GENERIC doesn't have neccessary
options enabled.  Add these options to your kernel config:

# compatibility to other console drivers
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT           # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen