startx : Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode

Hello,

I have successfully installed both 1.6 and 2.0 RC4 (both binary sets) on my Jornada 680 equiped with a 256 MB CF card. But on neither can I start Xhpc. Each time I get the now (for me) famous error message :

"Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode"

I tried with root and with a new user. I chmod /dev and /tmp to 1777. I tried with parameter -- -dev /dev/ttyE0 and other stuff I can't remember but nothing helped. NetBSD from the console works flawlessly.

Any of you had this type of error ?

Thanks !

Alain