Port-hpcmips archive

Re: Mobile Pro 880 Successes with 4.0

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:53 PM,  <jscottkasten%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> I'm curious how you do your builds.  I've had good luck using GXEMUL on some
> beastly desktop to brute force "native" builds for everything.

I've been running 5.0_BETA and RCs on my Cobalt Qube for quite a
while, building software off of the current pkgsrc along the way. I
have quite a few of them as well. It's also mipsel.

I have 5.0 something on my Mobilepro 880 but I still have the nasty X
problem where it becomes unresponsive, and ctrl-alt-backspace dumps me
back to the console, which has a screwed up keyboard mapping so the
thing becomes unusable. Maybe I should build a newer version of X.

I don't build software on the Mobilepro, it's way too slow. I either
cross build on a desktop or just build stuff natively on my Cobalt and
use it on the Mobilepro.

Andy