Port-hpcmips archive

Re: [OT] WorkPad z50 power supply

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Emanuele Santoro <santoro%autistici.org@localhost> wrote:
[..]
The problem is: the guy who should have sold the workpad z50 hasn't
still sold it to me because he can't find his z50-compatible power
supply, and he has asked me if i would buy it without the power supply
BUT with a working and compatible 802.11b wireless card instead...

The question is... what would be better?
A power supply or the wireless card?
[..]
What's your opinioni ?
What would you choose ?

Compare the prices between an 802.11b wireless adapter known to work and a power adapter.  A quick google seach turned up a US$6.99 power adapter for the z50, but its located in the USA ( http://www.sibwholesale.com/servlet/the-25819/Notebook-AC-Power-Supply/Detail ) ... the wireless adapters tend to go for quite a bit more, so... I guess my decision would rest on the what the difference in shipping costs would be for getting a wireless card or getting a power adapter.

Regards,
Elijah
--
http://elijahr.blogspot.com/