Port-hpcmips archive

Re: PenCentra 200

Hi

>  I have one of these, with 64Meg of RAM.

I too :-D

>  I see from the list that it can run BSD Unix.  I'm a long time Linux user.

Again, i too

>  Can this machine run X?  Or display graphics some other way?
>
>  Do I need a PCMCIA memory card in order to install BSD Unix?  How large?

I'm trying to install BSD on this device for a while (the time is missing :-D).
I suppose you need a PCMCIA memory card, the DSB kernel is copied into that.
I use a CF to PCMCIA adapter, and it works good.
I use a 256MB CF, but i think that a 64MB could be enough.

>  Is the installation permanent?  That is, does it overwrite the Windows
>  for Handheld PC 2000 that is in the ROM?

I don't think so; i've tried so many installation, but Windows boot
again and again

>  I have the docking station as well, if that's useful.

There's a user in this mailing list, Risto, that give me a new kernel
(kernel available on public repository does not work for me), but i
have not tried it still.
I think i forward his e-mail to you with attached his kernel and instructions.

Regards