Port-hpcmips archive

Re: z50 battery oddity

> For what it's worth, I've tried www.batteryrefill.com for my old
> Thinkpad 570.

Any comments, either way?  I've been considering getting a new battery
from someplace I found via google a while back, maybe them....

> I am in Québec City, so if I throw the battery in a padded envelope,
> it'll get to you in a day or two.  I'll send you another e-mail from
> my IBMCA address, and you can reply to that with a mailing address.
> You can buy me a coffee the next time I'm in mtl to cover postage :P

Sounds like a deal.  I'll reply to that mail off-list.

> I am curious though, because in my experience, old laptop batteries
> that don't hold a charge still get up to their rated voltage with the
> mains plugged in -- they just don't hold it for very long once you
> remove the power.

Yeah, that's why I'm so surprised - I suspect it's a fault in the
charging electronics, not striclty the battery at all.  I just hope
it's in the electronics in the batery pack rather than the electroncis
in the z50. :-/

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost