Subject: Re: usb 1.1 via cf card?
To: Andrew L. Gould <algould@yoda.shannonhealth.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/08/2003 03:34:55
On 2003-10-07 algould@yoda.shannonhealth.org wrote:

> I found a cf card adapter for usb 1.1 at:
>
> http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/cfu1u.html
>
> Does anyone know if this works with hpcmips?  If unknown, do you think
> it's worth a try?

  I want one of these :).  I always thought the only thing the Clio needed
to be the perfect handheld is a USB port.  I found some info:

It is based on the Cypress SL811HS:
http://handhelds.org/hypermail/ipaq/179/17917.html
http://handhelds.org/hypermail/familiar/137/13715.html

Which is supported by the slhci driver (marked highly experimental):
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-x68k/2002/08/11/0000.html

But no PCMCIA attachment goo exists yet (should be trivial, see second doc
listed above).

  It seems the chip bug mentioned in that message is fixed in a later chip
revision, which presumably (but I don't know for sure) is what is used
in the CF adaptor.  See:
http://www.usb.org/forums/developers/messages/29095.html

  They are a little pricey ($139 from Ratoc), but I think I will order
one.  I'll post when I try it out.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com