Subject: NEC MobilePro 780
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/14/2000 23:53:14
Hi.. I'm not on this list, (yet) but I just bought a 780 and am fiddling with
netbsd on it.. (until I buy a flash card and actually install).  Please CC me
on replies.

Anyhow.. I tried booting with the 20000315 snapshot, and pbsdboot.exe, and had
some problems.

If I select the NEC MobilePro 770 as the framebuffer type.. I don't get any
output on the screen.  The machine appears to just lock up.. and I still the
the Loading [......] screen.

If I select the MobileGearII MC-R530, the screen works perfect.. but the keys
are all messed up.

It seems to me.. as a starting point.. perhaps someone could build me a 780
entry, with the 770 keymap, and the R530 display settings, and I could get this
thing working, and figure out the minor problems on my own.

I'd be more than glad to test pbsdboot's on this thing all day long.  This
machine was purchased soley to run NetBSD.

I assume this needs to be done in pbsdboot.exe.. if this is something I can
x-compile myself.. (I have xcc environments) then just point me in the right
direction and I'll be on my way.

Thank you.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>