Port-hpcarm archive

Re: Binary packages?

Hi all, thank you for all the replies and sorry for the delay.

@Stephan Lehner

Thank you! I am actually trying to use *less* Linux, which is
why I got myself a Jornada to install NetBSD in, instead of
e.g. a Planet Computers' Gemini PDA which AFAIK is supported
by a couple of Distros.

It's just too much clutter for me. I really just need X to
run applications from the cloud, plus a couple of text-based ones
such as Mutt and a Lisp (ANY Lisp will do).

* Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>:
> > Are there binary packages available for this architecture?
>
> Here is my private binaries build for NetBSD/earmv4 8.0
> (for demonstration at the Open Source Conference etc.)
>
>  http://teokurebsd.org/netbsd/packages/earmv4/8.0_2019Q1/All/
>
>  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-advocacy/2019/11/27/msg000821.html
>
> May also work on NetBSD/hpcarm 9.2.
>
> Have fun,
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Thanks! I will try them out.

If they don't work, I think I will end up cross-compiling. It actually
sounds fun and educational (I've never cross-compiled before), and I
have a powerful G5 running NetBSD eager to be put to work, so let's see
how it works out. If it does, I will put the resulting binaries in my
internet-facing server in case someone else is interested.

Cheers;