Port-hp300 archive

Re: Installing NetBSD 8.2 on model 375

Hi,

martin.trusler@ wrote:

> However, the following are also in the same directory but are not
> recognised:
> debug.tgz
> kern-GENERIC.tgz
> modules.tgz
> tests.tgz
> six more files x*.tgz

Hmm.  Did you see any particular messages in the "not recognised" case?
Nothing is shown on ftp prompt, or some errors on getting them?

One possibility is that there is something wrong the INSTALL kernel
in miniroot.fs because INSTALL kernel has several aggressive options
to shrink kernel binary size and resource shortage could happen.
(IIRC I had to disable some of them in RAMDISK kernel)

Maybe we also have to provied miniroot with RAMDISK kernel for
easier bootstrap..

I'll check how the INSTALL kernel goes on my 425e etc.

---
Izumi Tsutsui