Port-hp300 archive

Re: SYS_INST nothing 'Available commands'

Hi! all,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:50:12 +0900 (JST)

> I am retrying to install the NetBSD-4.0 to Apollo Series 400 (425t).
> # I got HP-HIL keyboard and Sync-on-Green monitor.  ;-)
>
> I just try the SYS_INST now from local HDD.  I write SYS_INST to SCSI HDD
> on other machine/OS to first sector.  The SYS_INST outputs this messages
> to serial console.
>
>   >> NetBSD/hp300 Miniroot Installer, Revision 1.8
>   >> (builds@wb43, Sat Dec 15 22:02:51 PST 2007)
>   >> HP 9000/425t SPU
>   >> Available commands:
>   >>      -
>   >>      -
>   >>      -
>   >>      -
>   >>      -
>   sys_inst>
>
> hmm... I can't see 'Available commands'.  X-<

Once more retrying SYS_INST for NetBSD-3.1.1.
I see following messages.

  >> NetBSD/hp300 Miniroot Installer, Revision 1.7
  >> (builds@wb43, Sun Jul  1 06:55:15 PDT 2007)
  >> HP 9000/425t SPU
  >> Available commands:
  >>     disklabel - place partition map on disk
  >>     miniroot - place miniroot on disk
  >>     boot - boot from miniroot
  >>     reset - reset the system
  >>     help -
  sys_inst> disklabel
  unknown command: disklabel
  sys_inst> disklabel
  You will be asked several questions about your disk, most of which
  require prior knowledge of the disk's geometry.  There is no easy way
  for the system to provide this information for you.  If you do not have
  this information, please consult your disk's manual or another
  informative source.

  Disk to label? sd5
  sd(0,5,2): WARNING:
  Successfully read 512 bytes from sd5
  (z)ap, (e)dit, (s)how, (w)rite, (d)one > e
  Select disk type.  Valid types:
  0     unknown
  1     SMD
  2     MSCP
  3     old DEC
  4     SCSI
  5     ESDI
  6     ST506
  7     HP-IB
  8     HP-FL
  9     type 9
  10     floppy
  11     ccd
  12     vnd
  13     ATAPI
  14     RAID
  15     ld
  16     jfs
  17     cgd
  18     vinum
  19     flash

  Disk type (number)? [0] 4
  Disk model name? [] ProDrive 210S
  Disk pack name? []
  Bad sectoring? [n]
  Ecc? [n]
  Removable? [n]

  Interleave? [0] 1
  Rpm? [0]
  Trackskew? [0]
  Cylinderskew? [0]
  Headswitch? [0]
  Track-to-track? [0]
  Drivedata 0? [0]
  Drivedata 1? [0]
  Drivedata 2? [0]
  Drivedata 3? [0]
  Drivedata 4? [0]

  Bytes/sector? [0] 512
  Sectors/track? [0]
  Tracks/cylinder? [0]
  Sectors/cylinder? [0]
  Cylinders? [0]
  Total sectors? [0]
  Enter partition table.  Note, sizes and offsets are in sectors.

  a partition: offset? [0] 150
               size? [0] 400000
               fstype? [ffs]
  Please use one of: .