Port-evbmips archive

Re: Lemote YeeLoong (LOONGSON) freezes during nightly maintenance operations

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016, John D. Baker wrote:

> I'll run this once more booted from disk, with the SD-card FFS
> filesystems at root and /var, but with ext2fs filesystems unmounted.

This also survived two consecutive nights' maintenance runs.  I guess
that makes it definitive:  regular use of ext2fs filesystems is not
advisable at this time.  I don't have any other machines using ext2fs, so
I don't know if the problem is general or limited to evbmips-mips64el.

I suppose I should see about shuffling my partitions around to make
room for a complete set of FFS partitions for NetBSD on the disk.  I
have a shiny new 500GB laptop SATA drive available, but it seems like
overkill for a system that's largely an experiment/work-in-progress.