Port-evbmips archive

Re: ERLITE frozen in rc script after switching to GCC 5.4

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016, John D. Baker wrote:

> Oops.  Spoke too soon.  Having not had problems with the last couple of
> update cycles, it hung while updating just a few hours ago.  And then
> hung again in the next attempt.

With a release built from sources of about 201611211547Z, I was able to
successfully update the SD-card root/var filesystems of my Lemote
YeeLoong.  Will try to repeat once a later snapshot is buildable again.

Starting X took a painfully long time and switching virtual terminals
didn't work anymore.  Quitting X left the X virtual terminal in a strange
state with the block cursor turned into a pair of blue vertical lines.
I still could not switch back to any other virtual terminal.

The slowness is probably due to still having DEBUG and LOCKDEBUG in my
kernel.  Perhaps the lack of switching, etc. is a side effect thereof?
I had to log in via SSH to reboot the machine.  I'll leave it running
w/o X to see if it still locks up when left overnight or so.

(I have procured a higher capacity SATA disk so I can preserve my current
set up and give NetBSD its own play space.  Just need to work up the
nerve to replace it.)