Port-evbmips archive

Re: Help fixing wifi or ABI

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 05:14:15PM +0400, Jon Shadow wrote:
 > Okay, that was with new kernel and netbsd5 userspace. With all current
 > I only get pid 1(init): ABI set to O32 (e_flags=0x1007) and that's it.

It just sits there? Marvelous. I guess this is the point where I'd
start loading in debug printfs. :-/  ddb can probably tell you
something about what's happening to init, but probably not enough to
be useful.

Make sure /dev/console exists and is the correct device number, too.
If it's completely not there init will try to mount and populate an
mfs, but that can easily go wrong, and if it's there but the wrong
device all manner of creative things can happen.

Compiling init statically might also make it easier to diagnose what's
up, or if the problem involves the dynamic linker might make the
system come up far enough to make the rest tractable.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost