Port-evbmips archive

Re: MIPS Alchemy machine don't boot

KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> Hi! Simon,
>

> From: Simon Burge <simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost>
> Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:59:53 +1100
>
> > That line looks like it should be:
> >
> >          move   t2, MIPS_CURLWP
> >
> > in current sources.
> >
> > When you built the kernel, how was lock_stubs.S compiled?  I'm wondering if
> > it is being built with a 64-bit ABI somehow...
>

> Oops...  I use toolchain for cobalt at 12/14.  Is this problem?

I think Cobalt switched to n32/n64 recently?  The Alchemy CPUs are
only 32-bit, so they're limited to the o32 ABI (the only ABI that is
completely 32-bit).

I still haven't had a chance to play with the merged 64-bit mips code,
but I'd try an evbmips toolchain first.  That said, some of the evbmips
boards can take 64-bit CPUs (eg malta) while some can't.  I don't know
yet how this is handled!

Cheers,
Simon.