Port-dreamcast archive

Re: dhcp/tftp boot cd?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 03:56:06PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> from a CD booting scheme. That IP upload slave was pretty handy and
> simple to boot with, is there some problem with this?

Nothing realy, besides lazyness on my part and not having a CD available ;-)
It doesn't fit my setup exactly, I'd prefer to power on the machine
and have it "just boot" to NFS root with console on serial.

I inherited the machine with a dcload-ip cd in it, but building it's host
tool on NetBSD-5 ends with an incompatible one that isn't able to upload
a NetBSD kernel.

Anyone happen to know a way to create a serial cable nowadays? The geo link
cables are not exactly on stock anywhere anymore ;-) I have no problem doing
hardware, but need at least a source for the connector.

Thanks,

Martin