Port-dreamcast archive

Re: dhcp/tftp boot cd?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
> anyone know of a CD to make a dreamcast just boot via dhcp and tftp?
> The boot methods described in the faq and refered links from the ports
> homepage (as far as they are still working) seem ... a bit unusual
> for netbooting environments.

No, we never did it that way that I can remember. You could put a
kernel on a CD and then do a NFS root thing, but there was no
bootloader that I know of that could do dhcp and then load a kernel
from a CD booting scheme. That IP upload slave was pretty handy and
simple to boot with, is there some problem with this?

Andy