Re: 6.1.4 kernel and Qube2

> Le 23 oct. 2014 à 02:17, Brian M <toomanyhandles%gmail.com@localhost> a écrit :
>
> (did this get out?  I  don't see that gmane updated with the new
> message I sent yesterday).
>
> --------
> Hi all;
>
> I built the 6.1.4 kernel with SCSI removed, ddb enabled, placed it
> over my 5.2.1 base, and it ran OK for a few days.  I packed/ unpacked
> a few big tar files, no issues.  No need yet for those debug flags I
> enabled!
>
> It looks like July 2014 some PR's were resolved related to i/o that
> addressed the stability issues.
>
> I'm partway through building 6.1.5 with the restoreCD script, but I
> ran into some issues on my part as the lcd patch directories have been
> moved.  Nothing serious but I didn't get it right the first couple
> times.  I'm traveling for work now and won't be back at this for a
> bit.
>
> Anyway- this looks like it could be ready to roll up into a .iso and work fine.
>
> Brian.

Hi,

thanks for the heads up !
I tried stock 6.1.5 on my qube2, but it was not more stable (could not untar pkgsrc)

I then tried current (NetBSD 7.99.1 (GENERIC.201410221550Z)) and this one is a winner (up 8 days, /etc/daily not panicing the machine as before) !

Except for one thing : I cannot get perl 5.20.1 (the current version in pkgsrc) compiled, which is unfortunate since many other package have a dependency on perl5 >= 5.20

It fails, not always at the same stage, with a perl error of the form "panic: memory wrap at lib/Pod/Simple/BlackBox.pm line 213"

Changing dataseg size limit seems to move the failure point.

Has anybody succeeded in compiling this version of perl on a Qube2 ?

Regards,

Rémi