Re: Diagnosing an unstable Qube2

G'day Remi,

I've had a similar problem. I have a qube2 I've been messing with lately. It was stable as all get-out off the 5.1.2 restore CD. When 6.0 came out I compiled it, moved the new kernel into place and half-inched the system which then came up. I then intended to re-do the userland and headers and re-do the 6.0 kernel.

Sadly, the machine became very unstable and would lock up after several hours under heavy build loads.

I then moved the GENERIC kernel from the install media onto the system and tried again, more instability. I've since re-installed from the 5.1.2 restore CD and it's back to being stable. There was no kdb on the serial console similar to your circumstances and the machine being quite remote has meant that things are hard to diagnose. It's a pity the kdb wasn't coming up, as it'd make diagnosis a bit easier and I miss a nice game of hang-man.

So, it's back to 5.1.2. I'll try again soonish I guess, but this has been my experience.

Al.

 Al Boyanich
 adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain